Softball BC Female Mentorship Program Opportunity: January 2022-March 2023
The Softball BC Female Mentorship Program provides 20+ year old female new coaches the opportunity to gain experience, confidence, and knowledge in coaching softball.
What is Softball BC’s responsibility?
Advertise the Female Mentorship Program via social media and email all associations.
- Select 16 coaches from varying districts and notify the successful mentees.
- Arrange and pay for 2 NCCP courses Coaching & Leading Effectively and Managing Conflict.
- Mail a copy of the Softball Canada Timbits manual if applicable.
- Set up 6-8 weeks of 1 ½ -hour mentorship meetings via zoom for the 16 mentees.
- Follow up with the associations during the season to monitor the mentees and give support if needed.
What is the Associations responsibility?
- Nominate 2 coaches in your association that you would consider to be mentees.
- Ensure the application is filled out by the mentee and submitted by December 20, 2021.
- Pair the mentees with a female mentor coach in your association during the 2022 season.
- Keep in contact with Softball BC with updates on progression of the mentees.
What is the Mentees responsibility?
Attend all of the NCCP on-line clinics. Coaching and Leading Effectively (9 hrs) & Managing Conflict (8 hrs).
- Attend the subsequent Softball BC Mentoring sessions in the form of Zoom meetings.
- Coach or Assistant coach during the 2022 season.
If you are interested and would like to be considered for this great opportunity, please nominate, and have the potential mentees complete the application HERE by December 20, 2021. If you have any questions, please contact Jackie Desilets at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-371-0302 ext.5.